Public funding of charging infrastructure for fleets and employee parking spaces by the BMVI
The Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) promotes the installation of charging infrastructure for employee parking lots, for electric vehicles in company or municipal fleets, and for company vehicles. The new funding directive “Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles – Companies and Municipalities”, which are not accessible to the public, adds an important milestone for the increase of electric mobility.
The acquisition and construction of new, non-public stationary charging stations including grid connection are supported. The funding guidelines: The charging infrastructure must be located at parking spaces on properties intended for commercial and municipal use or for parking employees’ vehicles. The grant shall amount to a lump sum of EUR 900 per charging point and shall be guaranteed if the grant does not exceed 70 % of the total eligible costs. Charging points with a charging capacity of up to 22 kilowatts are conveyed. The granting of State aid to economic entities, that is to say companies, is carried out under this Support Directive as de minimis aid.
Who and what is promoted?
The subsidy for charging stations for electric vehicles promotes the purchase and installation of charging stations at parking spaces that are not accessible to the public. At the stations, company vehicles as well as private vehicles of the employees can be charged.
- the purchase of new charging stations with up to 22kW charging power and intelligent control
- the installation and connection of the charging stations including all installation work
- energy management systems for controlling the charging stations
How much is the grant?
- supply of up to 900 euros per charging point. The number of charging points shall be indicated in the application.
- the maximum grand amount is 45,000 euros per location
- you will receive the grant paid directly to your account
How does the application process work?
- the grant must be applied before ordering the charging points in the KfW grant portal: https://www.kfw.de/inlandsfoerderung/Zuschussportal/Online-Antrag-Ladestationen-f%C3%BCr-Elektrofahrzeuge-im-Unternehmen/
- Upon receipt of KfW’s confirmation of application, the project can be started
- After the charging stations have been put into operation, the certificates are entered on the online platform
- Grant received