MAHLE chargeBIG GmbH has reached another milestone for the existing quality management system. Since 4th of August 2022, MAHLE chargeBIG complies to the requirements of the calibration law according to MessEV Appendix 4 Part B Module D. Module D is an additional certification to Module B (type examination certificate). Based on the module B approval, the module D approval was successfully achieved.
Through annual re-audits by the VDE, which also include the examination of the relevant suppliers, the continuous suitability according to the module D approval is proven.
Contents of the Module D MessEV Certification:
- The certification is partly based on DIN ISO 9001:2015
- Inspection conformity in accordance with MessEV Appendix 4 Part B Module D
- Process inspection of, for example, the calibration final acceptance by the customer, the lockout process, the interaction with external partners (quality assurance agreements, etc.), the software modification process, the training processes, etc.
- Inspection of the records for an installation approval and for the calibration final acceptance by the customer
- Measurement uncertainty inspection
- Key figures and product goals
- Inspection of the (series) production of the measuring counter as well as the electrical enclosure construction in accordance with MessEV Appendix 4 Part B Module D
Starting now, the following will change:
- chargeBIG can independently put charging infrastructure installations into operation in terms of weights and measures regulations by means of the certified quality assurance system.
- The Module D final acceptance by the customer can be carried out in about half the time previously required (in a charging cabinet with 36 charging points, the acceptance takes only about a half day instead of a full day).
- The local board of weights and measures no longer must carry out final acceptance under measurement law.
- Greater time flexibility, since MAHLE is no longer dependent on appointments with the board of weights and measures.
- The responsibility concerning weights and measures regulations now lies with chargeBIG rather than the board of weights and measures.
- Changes to the software and hardware are permissible if these are undertaken through chargeBIG in accordance with the certified quality assurance system. The VDE must still be informed of changes. However, approval from the VDE is no longer necessary.